THE GREAT ADVENTURE (STAFF & AGENTS CHALLENGE)
RULES AND REGULATIONS
By registering for “The Great Adventure” (the “Competition”), each participant agrees to follow these rules (the “Rules”) and to be bound by any decisions made by AXN ASIA (“Channel”) including any interpretation of these Rules.
The Competition comprises 3 editions held at the following venues (collectively, “the Venues”) on the following dates:
|Kuala Lumpur||Challenges held at:|
No 3 Jalan PJS 11/15 Bandar Sunway,
47500 Selangor Darul Ehsan,
|6 November 2016|
|Johor||Challenges held at:|
Johor Bahru City Square,
No. 106-108, Jalan Wong Ah Fook,
80000 Johor Bahru,
|13 November 2016|
|Penang||Challenges held at:|
1F-78, Queensbay Mall,
100 Persiaran Bayan Indah,
11900 Bayan Lepas,
|20 November 2016|
The Channel may take photographs, videos or audio recordings of the participants during the Competition. Participants agree that Channel and/or Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) Berhad (“Sponsor”) may use such photographs, videos or audio recordings of the participants for production, marketing and/or broadcasting purposes. The Channel reserves the right to remove, take down and/or disqualify any entry or production materials without prior notice for any reason, including but not limited to if the Channel is notified or made aware that such entry is a repeated entry, violates the rights of any person whomsoever or is not in compliance with these Rules, any government regulations and/or Venue regulations.
The registration for the Competition begins on 25 October 2016 at 5 PM Malaysia time and ends on 2 November 2016 at 5 PM Malaysia time (“Registration Period”). In order to be eligible to participate in the Competition, registrations must be received by the Channel by 2 November 2016 at 5 PM Malaysia time. Any registrations received by the Channel after 2 November 2016 at 5 PM Malaysia time shall be deemed invalid and void.
In order to register, each team, comprising of 2 participants per team, must submit the information set forth below and agree to the Rules by completing and submitting the registration form at the Channel website address: https://www.axn-asia.com/TheGreatAdventure-InternalChallenge.
- The name of the team, and each participant’s full name as per NRIC, staff/agent ID, email address and mobile number;
- Indicate which edition (i.e., Kuala Lumpur, Penang or Johor) the team intends to participate in; and
- The team’s answer to the question set forth below in English:
Question: “Tell us why you and your partner would like to participate in The Great Adventure?”
Teams must submit a written answer of no more than 100 words to the Question. Teams are also required to submit a creative photo with their response to the Question.
SELECTION & NOTIFICATION
The Channel will select 30 teams to participate in each edition of the Competition based on the originality and creativity of the team’s answer to the Question. The Channel will contact the selected teams by phone before 3 November 2016. Teams must confirm their availability to participate in the Competition within 24 hours of the Channel’s notification. Teams that do not respond to the Channel or are unable or unavailable to participate in the Competition will be disqualified and the Channel reserves the right to select replacement teams to participate in the Competition. Each participant can only take part in 1 Edition of the Competition.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if insufficient entries to participate are received by the Channel, the Channel and/or Sponsor reserve the right to reduce the number of participating teams for any or all edition(s) of the Competition and/or cancel any or all edition(s) of the Competition.
The decisions of the Channel’s representatives are final and binding on all aspects of the Competition.
All participants must report and attend a briefing at a time, date and place specified by the Channel. All participants shall complete all of the documents or forms provided by the Channel, including the Assignment of Rights/Likeness Release/Indemnity Form, in a clear and concise manner. Any participant who fails to attend the said briefing and/or fails to complete any documents or forms provided by the Channel will result in disqualification of that participant’s team from the Competition.
All participants are not permitted to use or carry any cash or electronic devices, including but not limited to, personal mobile phone, pager and radio, during the Competition unless otherwise approved by the Channel. All participants must surrender their electronic device(s) to the Competition marshal for the purposes of sealing such electronic device(s) into a designated bag. The participants are allowed to break the seal of the designated bag only for emergency purposes or at the end of their participation in the Competition.
Each participant will be given a Competition T-shirt and race tag. All participants are required to wear the Competition T-shirt and race tag at all times during the Competition. Any participant who is not wearing the Competition T-shirt and race tag may result in the disqualification of the participant.
A Competition marshal will be stationed at selected checkpoints of the Competition. The Competition marshal’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Remind the participants of any safety concerns with respect to each of the challenges;
- Ensure the participants compete in accordance with the Rules and any instructions from the Channel;
- On the successful completion of that checkpoint, provide participants with a clue card for their next checkpoint; and
- If a checkpoint consists of several stations, certify the successful completion of each station by the participant by stamping the participant’s race card. The Competition marshal is not responsible for ensuring the certification of the participant’s race card. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to ensure the race card is certified by the Competition marshal at the relevant stations.
A participant may withdraw from the Competition at any time by informing the Competition marshal or any other authorized personnel of the Competition.
The Channel may decide, at its sole discretion, if a participant cannot continue his/her participation in the Competition as a result of health, safety or any other reason.
The withdrawal of a participant shall result in disqualification of the team from any further participation in the Competition.
Any discrepancies or problems with any of the challenges discovered during the Competition must be reported to the Channel or its authorized personnel, including a Competition marshal. Any decision(s) made by the Channel shall be final and binding. The Channel will not entertain any further correspondence or appeal with respect to such decision(s).
The Channel reserves the right to disqualify any participant who (a) fails to abide by the Rules, (b) fails to follow any instructions of the Competition marshal or any other authorized personnel, or (c) behaves in a hostile or unacceptable manner to Channel towards any person or property at the Competition. The disqualification of any participant will result in the automatic disqualification of that participant’s team.
Teams must complete a certain number of challenges (which include (i) physical challenges such as completing tasks and obstacle courses; and (ii) quizzes) in accordance with instructions and time limits specified by the Channel. If a team fails to complete any challenge within the stipulated time, The team will be awarded a time penalty and must remain at that checkpoint until the time penalty is over before they can move on to the next checkpoint. The team that completes all challenges in the fastest time (inclusive of time penalties) is the winner of the Competition.
The decision of the Channel and/or its authorized representative shall be final and binding on all aspects of the Competition.
Grand Prize: In respect of each Venue, the team that wins the Grand Prize will receive a cash prize from Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) Berhad of Ringgit Malaysia Five Thousand Only (RM5,000.00).
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS
- Participants must be citizens or legal residents of Malaysia and be either (i) a full-time permanent employee of Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) Berhad or (ii) a full-time insurance agent of Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) Berhad.
- Participants must be 21 years old or older as of the start of the Registration Period.
- Each participant must present their identity card or any other documentary evidence with the participant’s photograph for eligibility verification.
- By participating in the Competition, each participant must complete and sign the registration and indemnity forms or any other forms/documentation as may be required by the Channel.
- Participants must be of sound physical condition, free of any type of bodily ailment and must not be pregnant. If, in any case, an individual is allowed by the Channel or its authorized personnel to participate, it is his/her responsibility to inform the Channel, its authorized personnel and his/her doctors of any possible factors that may trigger or aggravate a specific ailment. Participants must immediately inform the Channel in the event that such participant becomes injured during the Competition and immediately cease any activities that aggravate the injury.
- The Channel reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject or disqualify any participant’s application or participation in the Competition if, in the Channel’s opinion, the participant is deemed in any way unable or unfit to compete safely in the Competition or if the Channel determines that such participant might damage the Channel brand. The Channel’s decision shall be final and binding.
- It is recommended that each participant should have in effect, at his/her sole cost and expense, any accident and medical policies of insurance covering any personal injury, death or property damage as a result from the participation in the Competition.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Employees and their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity and agents of SPE Networks – Asia Pte. Ltd. are not permitted to participate in the Competition.
- The Channel and its agents, affiliates, Sponsor and/or representatives are not responsible for any loss of registrations due to any problems caused by internet service providers or registrations received after the deadline as a consequence of internet service delays, interruptions, failures, overloads or for misdirected emails. Any registration shall be deemed void if the information provided in such registration is inaccurate, incomplete, falsified or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, negotiated or exchanged except that Channel reserves the right, in Channel’s sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component of comparable or greater value.
- All selections will be made pursuant to these Rules. All taxes in connection with any participation in the Competition are the sole responsibility of each participant, unless provided otherwise in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
- Where the Competition requires the participant to submit any content or information, by sending a submission, each participant agrees to the following eligibility requirements:
- No submission shall directly or indirectly appear to or actually promote or advertise any person, entity, product or service other than the participant, the sponsors of this Competition, the Channel or any of the Channel’s affiliates;
- No participant shall make any trademark use or any other unauthorized use of any third party’s name, logo, trademark or service mark in any submission or infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party in any submission;
- The participant has received permission from any person whose likeness appears in the submission or from such person’s parent or legal guardian if such person is under 18;
- No submission shall contain any unlawful, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, infringing, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, violent, cruel, threatening, abusive, harassing, bullying, stalking, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically-motivated, or be of invasive of another’s privacy, of poor quality, or otherwise objectionable, unfit for publication, posting, or other dissemination for public viewing element, all of the above as determined by the Channel in its sole discretion;
- No submission shall make any visual or audio references implicitly or explicitly to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any depiction or representation thereof, or be perceived as giving or threatening to give rise to criminal or civil liability, encouraging conduct that might constitute a criminal offense, or encouraging or providing instructional information about illegal activities; and
- All rights in and to the submission (excluding references to the sponsors of this Competition, if any, the Channel or any of its affiliates) shall be fully owned or otherwise controlled by the participant.
- During the Competition at the Venues, participants warrant, undertake and agree that:
- their performance shall not contain any content that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, infringing, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, violent, cruel, threatening, abusive, harassing, bullying, stalking, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically-motivated, or otherwise objectionable, unfit for publication, posting, or other dissemination for public viewing, all of the above as determined by the Channel in its sole discretion;
- they shall not make any visual or audio references implicitly or explicitly to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any depiction or representation thereof, or be perceived as giving or threatening to give rise to criminal or civil liability, encouraging conduct that might constitute a criminal offense, or encouraging or providing instructional information about illegal activities;
- they shall be dressed appropriately. They are not allowed to be nude or wear anything that is too revealing or otherwise inappropriate;
- they shall not bring to the Venues any volatile, explosive, toxic, radioactive, reactive, corrosive, easily flammable, or otherwise dangerous substances or engage in any dangerous activities as determined by the Channel in its sole discretion;
- they shall not vandalise. The Channel has the right to require any participant who is found vandalizing to clean up, repair or replace the vandalized parts or items at his/her own cost; and
- they shall not have consumed any intoxicating substances before or during the Competition, or be intoxicated during any part of the Competition.
- By participating in the Competition, except where prohibited by applicable mandatory law, each participant hereby grants to the Channel, its affiliates, successors, licensees, assignees and the Channel’s authorized designees, a perpetual, fully-paid, royalty-free, transferable, fully sublicenseable, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, adapt, translate, reproduce, edit, modify, create derivative works from, combine with other works, post, transmit, perform, display, publish, communicate, communicate to the public, broadcast, reformat, make available, disseminate, distribute, and/or otherwise aurally and/or visually exploit (any one or more of the foregoing referred to as “Use”) any submission of content or information (if applicable) by the participant, and the participant’s name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, performance, rendering, signature, silhouette, sounds and/or biographical data contained therein and/or in the registration information accompanying the participant’s participation in the Competition, in any media, manner, technology or content delivery mechanism now known or hereinafter devised, for any purpose, including, without limitation, in connection with the Competition, its administration, judging, advertising and/or publicity, and in connection with the promotion, advertising, publicity and/or other exploitation of the Channel and Sponsor, without the necessity of further consent or additional consideration.
- By participating in the Competition, each participant shall be responsible, at his/her own costs, for arranging transportation, meals, accommodation and other incidental costs related thereto. The Channel and Sponsor will not be responsible in any manner whatsoever for any costs, expenses, losses or damages to participants or their property as a result of participating in this Competition.
- By participating in the Competition, each participant acknowledges and agrees that he/she is participating entirely at his/her own risk. The Channel and Sponsor will not be responsible in any way whatsoever howsoever for any loss, damage, injury, disability or death resulting from the Competition.
- Awarding of the prize shall be conditioned upon each member of the winning team signing an Indemnity and Release of Claims form provided by the Channel if applicable, which shall release the Channel and any other applicable contest sponsors of all liability, to the extent permitted by law. Failure to complete and sign any documents requested by the Channel may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winning team.
- The Channel reserves the right to amend any of these Rules at any time without notice to the participants and without any liability whatsoever. Participants must be in compliance with the Rules as amended at all times.
- The Channel has the right to disqualify any participant who fails to abide by these Rules or for reasonable cause at any time without any liability whatsoever.
- Each participant shall fully indemnify and hold harmless the Channel and each of its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation, Sony Corporation, Sony Corporation of America, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., CPT Holdings, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agencies and branches, as well as the Competition Sponsor if any, and all other associated with the development and execution of this Competition (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from any and all claims, damages, losses, demands, causes of action, proceedings, expenses, and/or liabilities resulting or arising from or connected with, or claimed to have arisen, resulted from or be connected with: (i) the participant’s submission, participation, attempt to participate, or inability to participate, in the Competition; (ii) submission and/or Use by the Indemnified Parties of any submission (and/or any parts thereof); (iii) the participant’s failure to comply with any one or more of the Rules or any applicable laws, rules or regulations; (iv) the unauthorized use by the participant of, as applicable, the name, likeness, voice, work product, brand, trademark, logo, or copyrighted material of any person or entity; (v) the breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation (including, without limitation any eligibility-related representation) or covenant made by the participant in connection with the Competition; (vi) acceptance and/or use of any prize, if any; (vii) any right or benefit granted by the participant to the Channel in connection with the Competition; and/or (viii) the participant’s negligence, willful misconduct, violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations or these Rules, or his or her violation of any third party’s intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other right.
- Participants release the Indemnified Parties from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Competition and the awarding and use, misuse or possession of any prizes, including liability for personal injury, except where prohibited or limited by law.
- The Indemnified Parties make no representation, warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, fitness for any purpose or non-infringement.
- The Competition is void where prohibited by law. All relevant national and local laws apply.
- This Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to choice of law principles. All actions or proceedings arising in connection with, touching upon or relating to this Competition, the breach thereof and/or the scope of the provisions of this section shall be submitted to the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (the “SIAC”) for final and binding arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre to be held in Singapore, in the English language, before a single arbitrator who shall be a retired judge. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. Prior to the appointment of the arbitrator or for remedies beyond the jurisdiction of the arbitrator, SPE Networks – Asia Pte. Ltd. may seek equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction in Singapore or such other court that may have jurisdiction over the participant, without thereby waiving its right to arbitration of the dispute or controversy under this paragraph.
- Please forward any questions or comments regarding the Competition to the following address:
SPE Networks – Asia Pte. Ltd.
10 Changi Business Park Central 2