CHANNEL ASIA & AXN ASIA
THE APARTMENT WATCH & WIN CONTEST
By sending an entry and therefore participating in 'The Apartment Watch & Win' Contest, each participant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to be bound by any decisions made by Channel Asia and AXN Asia (collectively, the "Channel") including any interpretations of these Official Rules.
In order to enter, each participant must enter the contest website at or , submit the following information within each Weekly Contest Period (defined below) and agree to the Official Rules:
- Participant's full name, email and country of residence;
- Code of the week which appears during the airing of each weekly episode of The Apartment on Channel and AXN Asia; and
- Participant's answer to the contest question.
The contest begins on 23 March 2017, 7:55 PM Singapore time and ends on 24 May 2017, 11:59 PM Singapore time ("Contest Period"), and consists of 9 weekly contest periods (each referred to as "Weekly Contest Period") as follows:
||Weekly Contest Period
||23 March 2017, 7:55 PM (SIN) to 29 March 2017, 11:59 PM (SIN)
||30 March 2017, 7:55 PM (SIN) to 5 April 2017, 11:59 PM (SIN)
||6 April 2017, 7:55 PM (SIN) to 12 April 2017, 11:59 PM (SIN)
||13 April 2017, 7:55 PM (SIN) to 19 April 2017, 11:59 PM (SIN)
||20 April 2017, 7:55 PM (SIN) to 26 April 2017, 11:59 PM (SIN)
||27 April 2017, 7:55 PM (SIN) to 3 May 2017, 11:59 PM (SIN)
||4 May 2017, 7:55 PM (SIN) to 10 May 2017, 11:59 PM (SIN)
||11 May 2017, 7:55 PM (SIN) to 17 May 2017, 11:59 PM (SIN)
||18 May 2017, 7:55 PM (SIN) to 24 May 2017, 11:59 PM (SIN)
By no later than the end of each Weekly Contest Period, the participant must provide the correct code of the week and answer the week's contest question in order to enter as a qualifying entry for that week.
All entries must be submitted in accordance with these Official Rules within the Weekly Contest Period to be eligible. Participants can submit: (a) only 1 entry for each Weekly Contest Period on either or ; and (b) no more than 9 entries in total throughout the entire Contest Period across and . However, each participant will be entitled to win one prize only.
The Channel reserves the right to disqualify any entry without prior notice for any reason, including but not limited to if the Channel is notified or made aware that such entry is a repeated entry, violates the rights of any person whomsoever or is not in compliance with these Official Rules or any government regulations.
The Channel may reschedule any timing(s) as a result of any unforeseen circumstances or situations, including but not limited to any change arising from the Channel's programming schedule. In the event of such change to the timing(s), the Channel will update such change on the contest page as soon as reasonably practicable. The Channel shall not be liable or responsible for any loss arising from such change.
For each weekly contest, from all the entries with the correct weekly code, a designated representative of the Channel in Singapore ("Channel Representative") will select the most creative and original answer to that week's Contest question to win the prize for that week.
In the event that a participant is selected as the winner for more than one prize, the Channel Representative shall in its sole and absolute discretion: (a) determine which prize shall be awarded to the participant; and (b) select the winners for the remaining prizes from the entries with the correct episodic code and the next best answer.
The prize winner(s) will be announced on the Channel's website at on 10 June 2017, and the Channel will notify all winner(s) on/or before 10 June 2017 of the details for prize collection.
The decisions of the Channel's representatives shall be final and binding on all aspects of the contest.
9 winners will be selected in accordance with the Winner Selection section above, and each winner will win one of the following prizes (prizes are not listed in order):
|Sony PlayStation™ 4
|Sony NW-A25 16GB Walkman
|Sony W810 Compact Camera
|Sony MDR In-ear Earphones
|Sony ZX110NC Noise Cancelling Headphones
|Sony SWR30 Smartband 2
|Sony SRS XB-2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
|Seiko Prospex Diver Automatic Watch
|Sony HDR-AS50 Action Cam
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS:
- Participants must be citizens or legal residents of Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Papau New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
- Participants can be of any age. Participants below 18 years old as of the start of the contest must seek consent from his/her parent or legal guardian ('Guardian') prior to participating and each Guardian who provides such consent must, in addition, warrant and undertake that he/she is the legal guardian of the participant, that he/she will comply with these Official Rules, and that he/she will ensure that the participant complies with and performs the participant's obligations under these Official Rules. Each Guardian agrees to provide such warranty and undertaking in writing where requested by the Channel.
- Employees, agents, branches and promoters (including their immediate family members) of and its divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and others associated with the contest, are not permitted to participate in the contest.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The Channel and its agents, affiliates and/or representatives are not responsible for any loss of entries due to any problems caused by telephone lines or systems or internet service providers, for entries received after the deadline as a consequence of telephone or internet service delays, interruptions, failures or overloads, or for lost, stolen, misdirected, misplaced or postage-due entries. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, tampered with, falsified, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
Where a contest requires the participant to submit any content, by sending a submission, each participant agrees to the following eligibility requirements:
- No submission shall directly or indirectly appear to or actually promote or advertise any person, entity, product or service other than the participant, the sponsors of this contest, the Channel or any of the Channel's affiliates;
- No participant shall make any trademark use or any other unauthorized use of any third party's name, logo, trademark or service mark in any submission or infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party in any submission;
- The participant has received permission from any person whose likeness appears in the submission, or from such person's parent or legal guardian if such person is under 18;
- No submission shall contain any unlawful, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, violent, cruel, threatening, abusive, harassing, bullying, stalking, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically-motivated content, or be invasive of another's privacy, of poor quality, or otherwise objectionable, unfit for publication, posting, or other dissemination for public viewing, all of the above as determined by the Channel in its sole discretion;
- No submission shall make any visual or audio references implicitly or explicitly to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any depiction or representation thereof, or be perceived as giving or threatening to give rise to criminal or civil liability, encouraging conduct that might constitute a criminal offense, or encouraging or providing instructional information about illegal activities; and
- All rights in and to the submission (excluding references to the sponsors of this contest, if any, the Channel or any of its affiliates) shall be fully owned or otherwise controlled by the participant.
- By participating in the contest, except where prohibited by applicable mandatory law, each participant hereby grants to the Channel, its affiliates, successors, licensees, assignees and the Channel's authorized designees, a perpetual, fully-paid, royalty-free, transferable, fully sublicenseable, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, adapt, translate, reproduce, edit, modify, create derivative works from, combine with other works, post, transmit, perform, display, publish, communicate, communicate to the public, broadcast, reformat, make available, disseminate, distribute, and/or otherwise aurally and/or visually exploit (any one or more of the foregoing referred to as "Use") the submission (if applicable), and the participant's name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, performance, rendering, signature, silhouette, sounds and/or biographical data contained therein and/or in the registration information accompanying the participant's contest entry, in any media, manner, technology or content delivery mechanism now known or hereinafter devised, for any purpose, including, without limitation, in connection with the contest, its administration, judging, advertising and/or publicity, and in connection with the promotion, advertising, publicity and/or other exploitation of the Channel, without the necessity of further consent or additional consideration.
- By participating in the contest, each participant agrees to sign any further documentation requested by the Channel consistent with these Official Rules.
- Each prize winner will be informed telephone and/or email. Each prize winner must confirm acceptance immediately with the Channel. If the Channel does not receive an answer from a prize winner within two (2) working days after initial contact is made by the Channel, except when such period is extended pursuant to local law or the Channel's sole discretion, such prize winner may be disqualified. If a prize winner is disqualified for this or any other reason, such as being found ineligible or failing to comply with these Official Rules, then the first alternate will be selected instead, as will each of the subsequent alternates until all selections have been made. The Channel and its agents, affiliates and/or representatives will use their best efforts to contact prize winners but will not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever if prize winners cannot be reached by telephone and/or email within the two (2) day period. Prize winners do not become official until all entries are validated. All decisions of the Channel are final and irrevocable.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, negotiated, refunded or exchanged, and by no means will a cash equivalent be given, except that Channel reserves the right, in Channel's sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component of comparable or greater value. Only a prize winner and not any other person or agent, may claim a selection. Prize winners will need to present proof of identification in the event of selection.
- Awarding of the prize(s) shall be conditioned upon the winner and his/her guest signing an Indemnity and Release of Claims form provided by the Channel, which shall release the Channel and any other applicable contest sponsor of all liability, to the extent permitted by law. Failure to complete and sign any documents requested by the Channel may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- All selections will be made pursuant to these Official Rules. All taxes in connection with selections are the sole responsibility of each prize winner, unless provided otherwise in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
- The Indemnified Parties (as defined hereunder) make no representation, warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, fitness for any purpose or non-infringement.
- Each participant shall fully indemnify and hold harmless the Channel and its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation, . and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agencies and branches, as well as all contest sponsors, if any, and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from any and all claims, damages, losses, demands, causes of action, proceedings, expenses, and/or liabilities resulting or arising from or connected with, or claimed to have arisen, resulted from or be connected with: (i) the participant's submission, participation, attempt to participate, or inability to participate, in the contest; (ii) submission and/or Use by the Indemnified Parties of any submission (and/or any parts thereof); (iii) the participant's failure to comply with any one or more of the Official Rules or any applicable laws, rules or regulations; (iv) the unauthorized use by the participant of, as applicable, the name, likeness, voice, work product, brand, trademark, logo of any person or entity; (v) the breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation (including, without limitation any eligibility-related representation) or covenant made by the participant in connection with the contest; (vi) acceptance and/or use of any prize, if any; (vii) any right or benefit granted by the participant to the Channel in connection with the contest; and/or (viii) the participant's negligence, willful misconduct, violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations or these Official Rules, or his or her violation of any third party's intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other right.
- Participants release the Channel and its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation, . and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agencies and branches, as well as all contest sponsors and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use, misuse or possession of any prizes, including liability for personal injury, except where prohibited or limited by law.
- This contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to choice of law principles. All actions or proceedings arising in connection with, touching upon or relating to this contest, the breach thereof and/or the scope of the provisions of this section shall be submitted to the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (the "SIAC") for final and binding arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre to be held in Singapore, in the English language, before a single arbitrator who shall be a retired judge. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. Prior to the appointment of the arbitrator or for remedies beyond the jurisdiction of the arbitrator, the Channel and/or may seek equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction in Singapore or such other court that may have jurisdiction over the participant, without thereby waiving its right to arbitration of the dispute or controversy under this paragraph.
- The contest is void where prohibited by law. All relevant national and local laws apply.
Please forward any questions or comments regarding the contest to the following address:
10 Changi Business Park Central 2