Hometown: Vancouver, Wash.
Occupation: Field Service Technician
Motto: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
About: Darnell is a 32-year-old husband and father of two. He works as a field service technician repairing scales. Darnell believes he is a hero to his family for grinding it out day in and day out without any complaints. Growing up as an Air Force brat, Darnell moved around a lot as a kid, which allowed him to develop the ability to adapt to many different types of people and places.
Acts of Heroism:
- Darnell believes chivalry is alive and well.
- He is a man of his word.
- He gives his time to those in need without expecting reciprocation.
- Darnell believes being a good role model for his children and being a solid father and husband is what makes him a hero.
- Darnell loves to write poetry and play chess.
- He won the Junior Olympics in 1992 for karate.